Monday, February 18, 2013

Paleo Diet Challenge: Day 3, 4, 5, 6- Not so successful

Day 3:

Breakfast: 
Omelet with spinach and tomatoes
Salad with olive oil & vinegar

Lunch:
Salad with almonds, carrots, cucumbers, tahini

Dinner:
Salad (whoa I'm eating a lot of salad - but it's good) with chicken
Tahini dressing

Beverages: 
Water

Day 3 Cravings: None
Day 3 Report: I ate more often today. I didn't feel any blood sugar dip. I need more of a variety in my diet. I'm eating a lot of salad with the same veggies, but not much variety throughout the day.

Day 4:

Breakfast:
Roasted almonds and apple slices

Lunch: 
Sunflower patties with salad
veggie soup

Dinner:
Pizza... (cheat meal.... )
Chicken soup

Beverages: Green smoothie, water

Day 4 Cravings: After dinner I was craving...... SUGAR! The pizza (carbs) made me crave sugar around an hour after eating. No surprise there. I also have some womanly monthly cravings at the moment... CHOCOLATE, please?!

Day 4 Report: It's really hard to "diet" when having stressful moments. It's also really hard to eat totally healthy when you don't feel well.  And, I can see how easy it is to 'fall of the bandwagon' for some people. Honestly, dieting is tough business. And that's why lifestyle change is more effective.

Day 5:

Breakfast:
Pizza (OOH I'M A BAD GIRL!!!!)
Kale, swiss chard, broccoli soup (does that make up for the pizza? lol)

Lunch:
Salad with meat sauce (tomatoes, organic grass-fed beef) and tahini

Dinner:
Salad with meat sauce
Chicken soup

Beverages: 
Water

Day 5 Cravings: Still craving chocolate.... :)

Day 5 Reports: I got a horrible headache after breakfast. Again,  not surprised. The headache subsided after I had lunch and stabilized my blood sugar with protein and veggies. No more pizza for me...

Day 6:

Breakfast: 
Boiled egg

Lunch: Skipped

Dinner:  
Salad with almonds

Beverages: 
Water

Day 6 Cravings: None, really (see note below).

Day 6 Report: I spent the night in the emergency room last night helping a loved one. I was awake all night and was exhausted. I slept for most of the day (skipped lunch). I think I was too tired to have any cravings.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Svea Lynn is a traditional Naturopath, classical homeopath and holistic doula. Her private doula practice can be found here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment